View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #532
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I haven't checked if it's true or not, but saw a tweet that LBJ has more playoff game-winning shots in these 2017-18 playoffs alone than MJ had in his entire career combined.

I do know that Jordan didn't have all that many of those as one would assume , both makes and attempts. One number i found was 9-18 game-tying or game-winning (in last 24 seconds). For all the "Jordan would have never passed here, LeBron is just a whimp" narrative from a few years back, Jordan was simply a very good decision maker down the stretch and opened up the court as a decoy/passer as much as he did actually take the big shot.

Didn't quickly find a comparable number or any sort of definition that has numbers for both, but didn't try that hard admittedly. But at a guess i would say that it seems likely that LeBron (and Kobe, for that matter) have the number of makes beat by a decent marging. Would also guess at a lower percentage

23 stats for No. 23, Michael Jordan - Stats & Info- ESPN
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 05-06-2018 at 06:54 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote