Thread: 2018 MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 07:26 PM   #279
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I haven't been paying close attention and looked at the standings today...WTF happened to the Royals??

There's a Fansided article from before spring training that broke it down.
(c&p instead of linking cause I can't recall whose links break threads here)

Only 11 players on the 40-man roster when they won the WS are still with the club.

Drew Butera
Alex Gordon
Salvador Perez
Danny Duffy
Miguel Almonte
Raul Mondesi
Cheslor Cuthbert
Alcides Escobar
Kelvin Herrera
Terrance Gore
Paulo Orlando

Of those, only 7 were contributors to that title win.

The rest are to the four winds

Johnny Cueto — Signed a six-year, $130 million free agent contract with the San Francisco Giants in 2016.
Wade Davis — Traded to the Chicago Cubs during the 2016-2017 offseason. Signed a three-year, $52 million contract with the Colorado Rockies in 2018.
Brandon Finnegan — Traded to the Cincinnati Reds during the 2015 All-Star Break. Still with the Reds.
Ryan Madson — Signed a three-year, $22 million contract with the Oakland Athletics in 2016. Traded to the Washington Nationals at the deadline in 2017.
Kris Medlen — Signed a one-year, $1.1 million contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks in 2018.
Jason Vargas — Signed a two-year, $16 million contract with the New York Mets in 2018.
Eric Hosmer — Signed an eight-year, $144 million contract with the San Diego Padres in 2018.
Kendrys Morales — Signed a three year, $33 million contract with the Toronto Blue Jays in 2017.
Ben Zobrist — Signed a four-year, $56 million contract with the Chicago Cubs in 2016.
Lorenzo Cain — Signed a five-year, $80 million contract with the Milwaukee Brewers in 2018.
Jarrod Dyson — Signed a two-year, $7.5 million contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks in 2018.

Still in the league (minor league deals):
Edinson Volquez –Signed a minor league deal with the Texas Rangers in 2018
Chris Young — Signed a minor league deal with the San Diego Padres in 2018
Christian Colon — Signed a minor league deal with the Atlanta Braves in 2018
Omar Infante — Signed a minor league deal with the Detroit Tigers in 2017.

Free agents:
Mike Moustakas — Free agent
Greg Holland — Free agent
Luke Hochevar — Recovering from season-ending surgery in 2016 and is still a free agent.

No longer in the league:

Jason Frasor — Traded to the Atlanta Braves in July of 2015. Retired after the conclusion of the 2015 season.
Alex Rios — Retired after the 2015 season.
Yordano Ventura — tragically passed away in January of 2017.
Jeremy Guthrie — Missed all of 2016 and retired after one game with the Washington Nationals in 2017.