View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #683
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
There's definitely enough time to call timeout & set up a play for a no-lose last shot. There's also enough time for a kickout jump shot if the players are prepared for the scenario - even after JR dribbles out to the 3 pt line if he passed to LeBron LeBron would've had a 28 foot jumper for the win.

Fair, I forgot they had a timeout left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
(The block/charge overturn was ridiculous. The idea that you can go to the monitor only if a technical detail is in dispute, but that then all factors are reviewable is a ridiculous double standard and it was stretched to the point of absurdity in a very high profile moment last night.)

Even though I quoted this post before, I somehow missed this part. I think you have to enable everything in that review to be actionable. How stupid would it be to show you not only have evidence that something was done illegally, you are looking right at it...but you can't do anything about it because you weren't specifically looking for THAT error?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
But remember, a lot of the overturns were the player was in the restricted area when the charge was called (or he was not in when a block was called). I'm guessing the amount is extremely small for no change due to the restricted area but instead a reversal for the subjective block/charge timing.

True. That has to be an extremely low occurrence.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote