View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 12:09 PM   #693
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I would love to blame Lue not calling the timeout or for having JR in the game but I can't. If you can't have JR in the game because of the possibility of him doing what he did in Game 1 (3-10 FG, 2-6 3PT, -22 +/- in addition to the screwup at the end), he probably should have been a part of the mid-season purge.

I don't know why you want Smith on the team period but I don't understand who you want to blame for Smith being in the game on the final free throws?

LeBron because he's really the coach? The front office for not dumping him? Even if the front office gave Lue a knucklehead that doesn't mean he has to play him and even if for some reason LeBron insisted that Smith be on the floor at the end of a game why not have LeBron on the FT line trying to get the rebound (or I dunno - one of their really good offensive rebounders) and Smith as far away from trouble as possible?

Everything about Smith on that play falls on Lue. I don't see how anyone else can be at fault for Smith being in the position to screw things up the way he did.