View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #129
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I'd personally give it an 8, after initially being super hooked on it. Some parts of it are phenomenal, others not so much. The endings feel a little underwhelming compared to previous games, and the story is the least original the studio's ever put out. I'd have to play Beyond: Two Souls again to see, but right now, Heavy Rain is still on top of my Quantic Dreams ranking list.

Overall, David Cage is one of those developers there's not much middle ground on - either you love his work or you hate it (I'm talking purely about the games themselves - as a person, he's... got some issues, which is why I think he gets hated so much and his games trashed by some people).

That is very fair, my score reflected being able to watch the playthrough, which afforded me the luxury of fast-forwarding through the more tedious parts (like finding all the clues in a scene). I think if I had played it, my score would the same as your’s.

I wonder, though, if you made even more diiferent choices, whether there would better endings that you had not seen? The ending I saw was the most predictable endings (everyone lived happily ever after) and I felt that was good enough.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote