View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 10:10 AM   #131
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I know there was a lot of angst here about the "Fallout '76" announcement, but if there is any truth to the rumors that you can set up a private serve and just play the game with your friends - purely co-operative - this game just skyrocketed up my list.

At this point, the vast majority of my gaming is done co-operatively with friends. It's just so much more enjoyable.

Here's how Polygon described it (and this jibes with what I heard Fraud Howard say in the interview myself) so I'll just quote them

Quote:
Bethesda’s Todd Howard has confirmed that you’ll be able to set up your own private games to play the way you’d like, but that ability won’t be available when the game first launches.

This came up, oddly enough, in a conversation about mods.

“We love mods, so we are 100 percent committed to [offering mods] in 76 as well,” Todd Howard said in a conversation with Geoff Keighley. “We will not being able to do that at launch, though. Our goal for launch — this is really new for us — is to have a well-running, robust service, and then some period later, we’re currently still designing what that service looks like, you’ll be able to have your own private world, and be able to mod it and do all of that.”