View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, time for a deep dive into looking at muh squad

I ask the board for permission and finances to increases our scouting database to eastern Europe from Romania. They agree.

Squad:

GK Victor Rimniceanu – This is our most valuable player at 600k. 27 years old. Romanian – best stuff is aerial 15, jump 14, and such. 13 reflexes and handling, 12 1:1s, command of area, and kicking. 1 footed and not very good at technique. He’s pretty good for this level. He stated the last two years for Viitorul, and they won the Betano (Liga I) last year.

We have 3 backup GKs, none of which are big deals. My 4th string GK is 27 year old Bogdan Miron, and I might look to move him soon.

Defenders:

DC Viera, 30 years old, Ivorian, new addition to the team, str of 15; 14, 13, and 12 are the key defensive stats. 16 fitness, and his mental stats are all strong, with stuff like 16 bravery, 14 aggression, composure, 13 at concentration, determination, etc. Poor first touch.

DC Ionut Ursu, 28 year old rotation player, not great, not that fast, savvy, good on the ball, or high jumping, just average at everything. Our coaches thing Ursa is good for the next level down, and poor degermation is a problem.

DC Constantin Dima, 17 years old, came through other youth ranks, youth deal, our coaches love his potential, he’s also got good mental stats such as 12s in determination, work rate, aggression, and such. Physically he’s 13/12/12 on the main D stats, and then 12 jump, 14 fitness, 11 acc, 12 str. On loan from another Bucharest club.

I like Dima and where he might go. I hand him a shortlist.

DR Albert Damau, Spain – 25 years old, rotation player, our coaches don’t like him at all. He’s not suited for this league of play, weak in air. He has two thing we like – speed and mental stuff – determined and such.

DC/DMC Sebastian Ghinga – 30 years, old, rotation, again, he’s a Liga II player, not Liga I, he is a leader on the team. He’s not going to win any awards, but his mentals are strong. But he’s not good elsewhere.

DC/DMC / MC – Marius Burlacu, 31 year old, he has 12s for his DC stats (these are marking, tackling, and heading, btw) , low passing, not good. He has a backup role, and I congree.

Someone is happy to join Sepsi!!! (Jure!)

DC/DR, DMC, MC Jure Obsivac, Croatia, 27 years old, key player role, stamina and fitness are 16 each, and then 12s in mark, pass, and tack (10 heading), 14 determination, 15 work rate, etc. Our coaches feel that Obsivac’s major issue is finding as role on the pitch and aerial ability. He is good, according to them, at bravery and is considered a physical player

DL Daisuke Sato, 22 years old, first team, already been capped 32 times by the Philippines, our coaches think that he’s not good for this level of play, but could be. He’s technically good – 11/11 pass/cross, 12 tack, 11 technique, 12 dribbling, etc. His 15/14 speed makes him one of the fastest players we have and he has solid stamina. He has no heading, jumping, strength, and such. His work rate is 15, 14 aggression, 12s in brave, and off the ball (OTB) and 11s in position, decisions, concentration, etc.

DL Florin Dumbrava – Backup role, 22 years old, his technical stats are better than Sato’s by far. 13/12 cross/pass, 13 mark, etc. He’s also my first solid set-piece person with 15 long throws. He’s also a bit savvier than Sato as well. He doesn’t have any 15s or 14s, but he’s at at least 10 almost everywhere. But Florin is not a physically gifted footballer. 9/10 speed, 6 agi, 11 fitness, 13 stamina, 9 jumping, you get the idea.

That’s our defense. I am sure that the ream probably had, in mind for defense, Damau, Sato, Viera and then Obsivac and rotating in Ursa, Dima, Dumbrava or Ghinga in and out. I don’t like that. Only Viera owns his role, and Obsivac marks me more as a DMC than a DC. Neither of these fullbacks have crossing or passing or magic like you want out there. I just don’t see it.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-18-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote