View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 07:34 PM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
Good start! 6 points out of your first 4 games is excellent. Would love to see a screen shot of your young Slovakian DC find as well.

Sure thing! As soon as I lock him down....

Hey if you told me we’d be at 6 points in four games, I would have taken it too.

In champions play, one of our teams took out CSKA Moscow in quals. Another lost to Plzen. Now our remaining club has to face Dinamo Kiev to get to the Group Stage.

My board refuse to increase our scouting range.

Initially I was seeing Sepsi as this great beacon of Eastern European folks, but many of them aren’t EU, like Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Macedonia, etc. So it’s been weird to make these scouting things.

I think Africa is the key to unlock success. Most sub-Saharan nations count as Contonou signees, and thus are EU for our purposes. I want to great that next great Nigerian footballer or South African hope. Plus, I won’t need the same potential to succeed as someone like AS Monaco or Celta would need for their leagues.

YES!

I got him. Jakub joins us.

Now, I couldn’t get him for a hot prospect deal, we had to sign him to First Team 2.5k, but you’ll see in a moment that was okay. Oh, and I had to spend some cash to the lower division team that had him on a youth deal to sign him off them directly.

I’ll try to give you a screenshot of any new-gen characters come across. He comes in already smashing people (he has a youth contract until later in August when he is 17 and signs his full time deal). He is, already, my best DC. His defensive stats are strong at 13/14/15. Sure, I’d like a better passing, but I’m okay with that. His jump is okay at 13, I’d like more like 14-15 or more here, but that’s fine. 12/11 speed is good for DC. Stamina? Strength? He’s fine. And he’s got a powerful bravery, as ell as good teamwork, work rate, determination, decisions, and positioning. Normally someone develops their mentals later, but he’s already good. Shoot, he might be a wonderkid that was available for cheap, although I suspect a bigger club would have grabbed him. I suspect he might be more of an “early bloomer” who’s almost as good as he’ll get, given our scout reports. But he ain’t bad, and I’ll look to move him into my rotation soon.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-19-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote