View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 11:59 PM   #10821
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
That’s my whole point. People say they are against undocumented immigration, yet their actions and actions of our elected officials say otherwise. Which is more truthful- an empty proclamation of belief or demonstrative economic and legislative evidence?

I may be mistaken, but are you saying "people say they are against undocumented immigration, but people's and elected official's actions say otherwise?"

I don't see this. The people as a whole are against unauthorized immigration. I do think the "actions" of the people and elected officials are consistent with this. If you are saying the "actions" are not consistent, please provide some examples.

Quote:
The rich and powerful make the rules to stay rich and powerful. Therefore, whatever mixed situation we have now must be one in which benefits the rich and powerful.

I disagree with this. There are truths to what you say but it generalizes too much and its too presumptuous/definite IMO.

Quote:
If everyone working in the restaurants, farms, factories and gardens were wearing full burqas, how long would it take for that to end, despite an economic benefit?

I'm having a hard time understanding and relating to your question because I cannot picture everyone wearing a burqa in the US. It just won't happen in the US so I don't see the the "economic benefit".
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote