View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 03:52 PM   #192
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I sign four youth trialists that I brought in.

We have 24 players called up for play

EURO GAME #2 Away vs Astana. We begin standard. They get a yellow in the 7th minute of play. 5 minutes later, Petre finds Margeman on an attacking run for goal. Astana fire right back in the 22nd minute and then it’s back and forth for a while, and they get two more yellows prior to the half. Tied 1-1. Cartagena with a card. Then in the 59th minute, one of their players with a yellow heads off. I pull my yellowed guy as well and we push forward. In the 68th, Gimenez is driving forward and finds Schlocobiert for goal. In the 78th, Riojas hoofs the ball to Schlocobiert and he scores. I send in Kubik. We win 3-1, and MOM is Schlocobiert.

We make it to the Group Stage and we get 2.4 mill in hard Euro cash. Viitorul lost 1-0 at home to Lech and are out.

GROUP DRAW

We are seeded fourth, duh.

Our group:

Group I

Now, before I give you Group I, let me show you some groups that I think we would have been competitive in:

Group A:

Besiktas, Young Boys, HJK and then 4th Seed is Trencin.

Group E:

Porto, Club Brugge, Zorya, and the 4th seed is Haifa.

Group C:

PSV, Dinamo (Croatia), Rubin and 4th will be Red Star

And there are two death Groups that we avoided.

Group L:

Villarreal, Stoke, Braga, and 4th is Brondby

Group J:

Dortmund, Fiorentina, Utrecht, and 4th is Rijeka

Both of those have strong heavies as well as three real powerhouses -

But we got Group I, which is arguably the third hardest Group as a 4 seed….

Group I

Sevilla, Spain
OM, France
Qarabag, Azerbaijan
Sepsi, Romania

So we have two real heavies of European football. Even if we get 6 points against Qarabg, it’s not like OM or Sevilla will drop points. I have to do well against one of them to get out of Group I.

Sevilla have 5 EURO Champion Victories and are the winningest team in the entire qualification.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote