@ Swetes FC (2nd)
G: Reece Christian
D: Terrence Lewis/Anderson Derrick/Kieran Chiddick/Lloyd Simon
M: Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin/Terrence Harriette/Junior Muhammed
S: Junior Edwards/Kelly Matthew/Victor Chiddick

62 - Blackwood for Harriette; Challenger for Matthew

72 - Murtagh in for Muhammed

A nothing burger game.

Anderson Derrick breaks his leg in training and is out 7-8 months - you know, the guy eating up most of our payroll with $12.5k a year.

@ Hoppers (11th)
D: Terrence Lewis/Lawson Simon/Kieran Chiddick/Lloyd Simon
M: Hazeley Blackwood/Terrence Harriette/Junior Muhammed
S: Junior Edwards/Kelly Matthew/Bo Benjamin

They fired Terrence Beckles, which I'm sad about.

2 - Chiddick on the corner to Harriette. It's headed away, but Matthew has the distance shot on the rebound. Defender blocks it, and Benjamin barges in to convert the third chance 1-0

14 - Harriette clears a corner to Matthew, who has to win a fight with the defender for the ball. Rocket into space for Benjamin, who dribbles into the box. Doesn't like his shot, so he crosses where no one is. Here comes Blackwood finally, and on the center, Matthew nods the header in 2-0

22 - Benjamin's corner connects with Lawson Simon's head for his first ever Old Road goal! The loanee still hasn't convinced me to bring him on long-term, but he'll get his chance to prove it with Derrick lost for the season. 3-0

39 - Lloyd Simon charges to beat them to a clearance and passes to Muhammed. Ball swings into box space, and Matthew drifts right to dart the ball between two defenders and into the net. That's his 50th league goal!!! 4-0

58 - Merg. 4-1

62 - Smith for Chiddick; Victor Chiddick on for Edwards and switch with Benjamin

All full-time starters except the keeper were 7.0 or better, the 8+ stars Terrence Harriette with 8.2, Bo Benjamin with 8.3, and PotM Kelly Matthew with a 9.2.

vs Liberta FC (5th)
M: Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin/Terrence Harriette/Junior Muhammed

46 - JFC 0-1

51 - Smith for Chiddick; Chiddick for Matthew

71 - It's like we're not even trying 0-2

And back down to 3rd we go.

vs Villa Lions (4th)
M: Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin/Christopher Walsh/Junior Muhammed

A two month injury to Terrence Harriette pretty much deep-sixes are hopes for auto-promotion.

7 - Sigh 0-1

46 - Muhammed with the cross to Edwards and of course it bounces off the bar. Edwards does sink his own rebound tho 1-1

50 - Victor Chiddick for Benjamin; Smith for Lawson Simon

57 - Jahraldo-Martin is dribbling down the left flank when he cracks a cross that fresh Victor Chiddick rises up and smashes the header in on 2-1

It was a gnarly, choppy game, with Christopher Walsh's 7.5 PotM and Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin's 7.4 were our best showings.

vs Celtic (ATG) (11th)
D: Hazeley Blackwood/Lawson Simon/Kieran Chiddick/Terrence Lewis
M: Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin/Christopher Walsh/Junior Muhammed

6 - Walsh forward to Edwards at the touchline, and on the cross, it's a Benjamin bang-in. 1-0

8 - Jahraldo-Martin at the touchline, and center to Matthew. Shot staggers keeper, sliding tackle rebound makes him fall, and finally the third attempt by Matthew goes in 2-0

20 - Blackwood throws in to Edwards for the kickback to Jahraldo-Martin. Cross and Benjamin buries it 3-0

30 - A fucking stupid own goal by Christian. JHRC 3-1

30 - Edwards with the booming flare to the right flank. Muhammed shorts it to Matthew, who needs time to trap and control before dribbling and firing the immediate answer 4-1

79 - We now have ZERO healthy true MCs, as Walsh is out with injury. Blackwood moves up and in, Lewis switches to DL and Smith comes in at DR. Like I said, every time I start doing well, this game fucks me in the ass.

Sure enough, Christopher Walsh is out 5-6 months.

We clinched playoff play at least.

But Terrence Lewis and Lawson Simon are both out next game on yellows, which, combined with our other injuries, means our backline is just as fucked as our MC spot. I totally don't know what I'm going to do now.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote