View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 06:42 AM   #986
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General Update

Just a quick note to inform you that 3 swimmers that my kids have competed against are currently in a position to represent the US at the upcoming Jr. Pan Pac games. The team is comprised of the top 2 finishers in each event and if the total of 20 swimmers isn't met by taking those automatic qualifiers additional swimmers will be added based on need (unlike many other international meets in the Pan Pacs the top 6 100 and 200 freestylers are not given higher priority)

Jack Dolan, who I've mentioned several times previously in this thread, is currently T3rd in the 100 free, and 5th in the 100 back. A good swim and he'll get an automatic spot, but regardless I believe he'll be representing the US at this event, even if he just swims relays.

Jake Magahey, who is the top Georgia swimmer for the class of 2020, is currently seeded 3rd in the 200 Free, 2nd in the 400 Free, and 3rd in the 800 Free...he's not seeded in the 1500 Free, but that has more to do with the fact Georgia doesn't offer the full 1500 very often during the year. He will almost certainly make the team as well.

Ian Grum, who is the top Georgia swimmer for the class of 2019 (and already committed to UGA), is 3rd in the 200 back. A good swim gets him an automatic bit, but given he's not one of the top 100 backstrokers, if he doesn't get the automatic it will be much tougher for him to get one of the at large spots.

Last edited by Breeze : 07-10-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote