View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 04:28 AM   #79
Izulde
Head Coach

IFK Timra - Swedish Second Division North

There's 3 games left in the season and they're just barely above relegation playoffs, so the pressure is on me to produce quickly for this bleeding money club.

The town of just over 10,000 is located on the Indalsalven River where it meets the Gulf of Botnia on the east central coast of Sweden.

With no nickname, the team has also sold off their best player for nothing due to financial straits. Irritating, but it is what it is.

So uh, there's evidently elections for Chairman here. Interesting.

Oh, and the board expects a mid-table finish. Laugh.

vs Solleftea GIF (7th)
G: Johan Sjoberg
D: Cevin Dotson/Tim Collden/Fredrik Ljuslander/Ridwan Beyan
M: Phillip Olofsson (Training)/Axel Westman/Victor Selander/Faress Mohammed
S: Robin Nordin/Jonathan Ahlin

8 - Selander steals the ball and goes right to Mohammed. Pass into the box to Ahlin. Two defenders overshoot him, giving space for his first score of the season 1-0

11 - Everyone is screaming that was a horseshit penalty and of course they convert 1-1

22 - Not surprised 1-2

40 - SMH 1-3

91 - Olofsson, the star, crosses to Ahlin for a too late last second secore 2-3

Our backline, which is supposed to be the strength of this team, was PITIFUL. OH AND THAT PENALTY WAS INDEED BULLSHIT! WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A DRAW OUT OF THIS!

vs Skelleftea FF (2nd)
D: Cevin Dotson/Erik Grahm/Fredrik Ljuslander/Ridwan Beyan
M: Phillip Olofsson (Training)/Mohammed Hadi/Daniel Andersson/Faress Mohammed

15 - Beyan, who is retiring, charges to intercept a clearance and on the cross, their keeper falls down, leaving an empty net for Nordin to pop it in 1-0

53 - HE WAS OFFSIDES!!!! 1-1

We played pretty well, all things considered.

@ Soderhamns FF (9th)
D: Cevin Dotson/Erik Grahm/Fredrik Ljuslander/Ridwan Beyan
M: Phillip Olofsson (Training)/Mohammed Hadi/Daniel Andersson/Faress Mohammed

11 - This team just has no talent 0-1

[b]25[/b- Absolutely none 0-2

81 - Too little, too late again, this time by Olofsson. Sigh 1-2

Fortunately, we manage to stay up and I can start reconstructing this club from the bottom up - starting with finding an actual Chief Scout. I also begin clearing out all the contracts on the club to start fresh. We get a 13 JPA/10 JPP Chief Scout by signing a player whom we convince to hang up his boots.

So the board's chairman is re-elected with ease because most of the fans skipped voting. Uh, okay. They also take out an $70k loan, which pisses me off.

Transfers Out
DL Cevin Dotson (31) - $3k transfer fee
DC Tim Collden (30) - $1k transfer fee
DC/DM/MC Mohammed Hadi (21) - $2.6k transfer fee*
Star Player Philip Olafsson (30something) - Don't talk to me about this

*Note: I didn't want to get rid of him, but he was asking for double his salary and was an expiring contract, so I had to offload him while I could still get a smidgen of value.

Transfers In
DCR Anton Johansson (17) - From Bergnaisets AIK - Free
Trash reserve, but only $550 P/A, plus $2 appearance fee and $2 shutout bonus. Does have 10 Decisions and 12 Work Rate

ST John Stromberg (17) - From Ullareds IK - Free
14 Determination, 16 Flair, 16 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration, 11 Pace. My staff thinks he's trash. I think he's going to be an exciting player who makes $10 per appearance, $2 goal bonus, $2 unused substitute fee. He's an absolute steal of a signing by my lights.

MR/AMR Martin Andersson (22) - From Syrianska IF Kerburan - Free
15 Acceleration, 13 Pace, 13 Flair is all you need to know about why I signed him. $3.5k contract and he's at least equal to the scrub we're trying to offload who makes $8k - over double. Plus, the kid has upside.

ML/AML Goran Gustafsson (22) - From Boo FK - Free
Say hello to your new star player, folks:

I'm excited about this dude. Oh, and the general rule of thumb for making money:

Player salary <= Match Money

Which is... $39,179.

Right now our payroll is much higher than that at $130k - hence why we're losing so much money.

ST Andreas Klingberg (17) - From Orebro Syriasnka IF - Free
$11/$2/$2 paychecks for 11 First Touch, 16 Flair, and 13 Acceleration. He'll figure in, too. 3* upside, so this is a legitimate cheapass get.

MLC/AMLC William Walemark (17) - From Asarums IF - $1.5k
I dipped into the payroll budge to give myself a transfer fee to land this kid. Raw, but high upside - 12 Flair, 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace, and just $550 for the year.

Our spending is now down to $90k, but we can't manage to offload our other veterans, even for free. Still, we've done yeoman's work chopping it down this far, and while our team is probably even weaker than last year in terms of current talent, we're in the process of setting ourselves up for the future.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote