View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 09:08 PM   #336
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CHAMPION KNOCKOUT ROUND, 2st Leg – Home vs Valencia – We lost 2-1 there. That means we’ll lose with a tie, loss, or a one-goal win other than 1-0. A 2-1 is extra time. I need a two goal win. I start Christiano and Boka on the wings for the injured Etebo and all of my normal starters – Balasa, Cartagena, Eckhardt, etc. Vengeance! Early pressure by them and two good opportunities by us are nothing. Strobl a card in the 28th. We injure one of their players a moment later. Half, tied, 0-0. A low scoring effort with a 1-0 goal by us suits us, so I am not complaining. Let’s get the next half underway. We push back a big attack but fail to sink the counter. They collect a yellow back. We have a great shot by Lupu in the 64th, but it rifles off the crossbar and their GK jumps on the loose ball before Gimenez scores. Gimenez misses a sitter in the 68th. Lupu misses a great shot in the 70th. I send in Dina for Balasa’s card. Now Stoian for Christiano. I up our tempo and move forward. Can we get this goal? Nope. 0-0 tie. We are out.

Valencia has Paris SG next round.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote