View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 01:00 PM   #5131
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Have you been playing this?

Your thoughts? Is it the type of game I can play while watching TV, or is it more detailed where I have to pay really close attention?

There are things you have to pay attention to depending on what planet you are on-things like the weather or atmosphere will slowly kill you if aren't there to fix it. You can be attacked in space (and on land if you are hostile to certain things.) But you will get a computer warning that your exosuit is failing on a planet so as long as you keep the volume on there's not a lot you have to pay attention to. Flying in space you will have to pay attention to more to make sure you don't miss your waypoint. (and the first ship you get can be hard to control too). Once you get used to the flow of how things work, its not as demanding of your attention.

My suggestion is to watch some videos of someone starting the game with the new patch, NEXT, just to see what to expect. I'm watching videos from GameRiot on YouTube right now that are pretty typical of what a new player should expect.