View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 06:10 PM   #40
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Inter Miami goes in right after Real Salt Lake in the list of dumb MLS team names for teams unnecessarily thinking they had to be named after a European powerhouse.

I love that i just typed in "Real Salt Lake name" and google suggested to add a "stupid" in bettween Lake/name

Inter(nazionale) might be strange, but is way less stupid than Real given the historical context of the name literally been given due to royal patronage. Not that i am bothered to fact-check this for all the spanish teams, mind you

Meanwhile, Atletico beat Real 4:2 in the UEFA Supercup after ET. Couple really good stretches of play for both, both OT goals by Atletico were stunning in their own right. Game was played in Estonia btw. Likely not as noble as it seems, but i like that UEFA is scheduling this game all over the continent in recent years.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 08-15-2018 at 06:14 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote