View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #950
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
So you decry that we might determine it to be mental illness and unfixable and move on, but then you suggest the real problem is so big, no one will undertake to solve it, so we move on?

Potato, potAto?

How exactly are you sure, that this situation makes it mental illness? I'm asking because it seems like Day 1 after every incident, that is always the case. By making the blanket statement, that it is, minimizes the actual discussion that should be made. Like, how do people get to this point. What is it that sets them off? It's not a black and white, well if it's not terrorists (or gangs), then it must be mental illness answer that it seems like people want to tag it with.

The point I'm making is by doing that, you're eliminating the other discussion about why. I clearly am NOT making the argument that we can't solve mental illness problems. I was not the one that said it was mental illness in the first place, nor am I saying that there's no hope to fix that. It's the same argument I used for Vegas. We have to look at the what happens when this stuff happens, and you can't call it mental illness or terrorism. What if it's just someone who wants to do it for the sake of doing it? What do you call it then? Just because we wouldn't do it, doesn't mean that we rationalize it as mental illness. That's the discussion that needs to be had.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 08-27-2018 at 03:45 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote