View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 10:13 PM   #975
jct32
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I just want to point out that this is now mainstream thinking. This isn't Jon being someone out on the fringe like he was 10 years ago. Putin isn't the enemy. Trump isn't the enemy (even though the right could have impeached him and had Pence effectively passing legislation like crazy). There is no discussion to be had on how a shooting is a bad thing or how maybe the person shouldn't have had access to a firearm and maybe we should pass legislation that doesn't impact anyone on this board's ability to own a firearm just the way you do now... but nah, the enemy of the state is me. And digamma. And pilotman. We are dangerous fucking threats to the united states of america and the world would literally be a better place if we were dead.

This is NO LONGER FRINGE THINKING IN THIS COUNTRY. Turn on the Rush Limbaugh show. Listen to Alex Jones talking about how he'd like to murder Robert Meuller. Listen to the people that call into these shows, these shows that get millions of listeners. Hear them say "Rush, thank you, because of you I stopped listening to any other news source and I only get my news from you and Hannity"

I don't know. I stopped posting on this board for 3 months the last time there was a shooting because I can't deal with this. I'll probably disappear again for awhile after this one. Because I'm not equipped for this level of hatred, and its so very fucking mainstream. Don't write off Jon, don't roll your eyes and say "well that's our Jon that we've had around for the last decade." This is more and more the norm, and its more and more what Fox News is advocating. You and I who are sad about this? We're the enemy. Keep that in midn when you vote.

I guess see ya'll in a few more months, I can't handle this shit. I need to stop engaging.

I think you are reacting too heavily to the internet. The internet is full of the fringe on both sides. These fringes are getting popular in the media. However, in my day to day life I don't see much of either fringe in the people I talk to. The media and the internet play up the fringe because that is what gets the views and consequently the money. I don't think it is bad as people make it out to be. I don't think most Republicans want Robert Mueller dead just like I don't think most Democrats want to take all our guns away. Just my view.
jct32 is offline   Reply With Quote