View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 08:22 PM   #508
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Our agent made some reservations for us. Nothing is set in stone, she just wanted to grab some of the more in demand places for us. Would love thoughts on anyone about them.

T-Rex Dinner- marketplace in Disney Springs

Fairytale Dining Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table

Coral Reef Restaurant - Future World - Epcot- Dinner

Be Our Guest Breakfast - QSR- Be Our Guest Restaurant

Ohana Dinner

Chef Mickey's Fun Time Buffet Breakfast at Chef Mickey's

Minnie's Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine Dinner Fantasmic!

Yak & Yeti Restaurant Dinner

Coral Reef is damned solid as a meal plan location. Surf n' turf was quite good, pretty much everything was good as I recall. It was a last night dinner for us a few trips back & while not my first choice for that (we hold that meal in pretty serious regard each trip), I wouldn't hesitate to do it again even in that premier position.

Mickey's Breakfast probably comes down to how you feel about WDW buffets. I like it fine, though I will say it is probably the most hectic -- almost frazzled at times even -- of any character dining we ever did (and I think we covered pretty much all of them over the years aside from some specialty resort stuff). Unless they've remodeled/reorganized the room, the combination of early hours + lots of traffic to & fro the food and rather large costumed characters results in a number of near misses. Closest comparison I can think of is Crystal Palace, which now does breakfast apparently conveniently enough. Here's a video I stumbled across that compares the two, strictly fwiw, I'm unfamiliar with the YT'er.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I found Ohana to have declined from one visit to the next a few years back. I've seen comments through those years & beyond that it's still inconsistent but of course YMMV. It's probably the weakest thing I see here, or at least second weakest.

Hollywood & Vine never impressed me, though the options for the Fantasmic package (which is a fairly good way to handle that dinner/show) are pretty limited so it might be a case where the so-so dining is made up for by the seating benefits.