View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 11:41 PM   #3999
molson
General Manager

I'm a couple of days behind, but Lewis/Cormier headlining MSG in 3 weeks for the heavyweight championship. UFC has had a million things fall apart for that show but this came together, probably because neither the UFC nor Cormier (who wants to retire soon) want to wait until February or March for Cormier/Lesnar, neither see lewis as a risk for Cormier.

Insane mismatch on paper but Lewis is just a freak of nature. Best quote I saw on reddit. "If Derick Lewis beats the Double Champ while training 30 mins a few times a week, all martial arts is proven fake. Just swang and bang baby."

I don't know how much of it is a gimmick but Lewis has shown his limitations over and over again. At one point he said, "I don't know how to do takedowns," and his fight performances bear that out. But I also remember a fight where he got up from a bad position on the ground just...kind of by standing up.

I love D.C., but, I can't help but hope for the insane timeline where we get Lewis v. Lesnar or Lewis v. Jones.

Last edited by molson : 10-11-2018 at 02:15 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote