View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 07:05 AM   #97
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

17Jan, 1588 – the two province strong Malindi has become my new ally, over on the cast of east Africa

21 Feb – I win a battle at Constantinople against these minors

1 April

Arequippa – South of our holdings in Camana, and on the Peruvian coast, and with 6 dev, livestock, Coastal Desert, making 0.60 and I have ordered a Farm Estate here. To the south is an unclaimed land in La Plata for Portugal, but then one over is Portugal. This is part of the state of the Peruan Coast which is also Camana and Nazca

22 June – The Commonwealth is now at peace and has gained some cash and such

17 Sept – I purchase a trading post in Tidore for 1015, which is more than normal. This was picked up from Ternate.

Tidore – Spice Island in the Halmahera Sea, has a strait connection in Halmahera. Shipyard, Church, Marketplace, Workshop, 24 Dev, coastline, tropical, Spices. I order the Shipyard deconstructed and a Trade Station here. Moluccan and Animist. We are getting 0.72 off it right now from 75% autonomy. It will be a Spice Trading treasure later!

1 Oct – I own the Glass trading market and have gained the Glass trading bonus of -5% Dip tech cost.

2 Nov – I order the culture of Constantinople to be moved back to its original Greek

We are vying with Friesland for the coastal area in Colombia. I push myself near Cartagena

26 Nov – I get an event where 200 settlers move from Goule to Bayougoula

11 Jan, 1589 – The Spanish Canadian colonial nation is losing a war, badly, with the local tribes.

I send the Sioux, Cree and Hurons war subsides

1 March –

Bayougoula – 5 dev, Furs,Cath, Tuscan, 0.15 made. See below.

We have enough territory in the area that we now have the colonial nation here that I name Athenian Bayou.

We are ceded Louisiana by the Crown!

3 Mar – After the natives burned down the Spanish colony in Missisquoi, I send in my colonists.

I have two colonial defense problems I need to worry about.

Here, let me show you a map of the Americas right now

This is the key area. Do you see Portugal in La Plata and in Mexico? Around Panama is Brittany, and around Suriname is Friesland, and then France is heavy on the coast of South America

So there are two problems.

The first is France and others here. I have successful blocked folks from coming around Africa through the Indian Ocean to the Indies to set up shop. Good job!

But I can’t do the opposite.

I can’t stop them from crossing the Pacific. France is smart. They grabbed Greenland and near Antarctica and the tip of the cape to send them up the west coast of South America, and they have done so. How long will it take for them to head west? They can easily grab a single island, and then another, and soon they are in the area I fought to protect. Meanwhile Portugal is colonizing Galapagos, and I should have grabbed it. My bad

That’s the first issue. I cannot defend the Indies from the pacific. Plus, I also can’t fast-colonize them as I am doing in Americas or Africa, as it can take 2 years to set up a colony. I only have 3 colonists!

Meanwhile, my 2nd issue is the west coast of America.

I always thought in the back of my head that I would set up in California. Then I could create a state out there much like Louisiana, Eastern US, Caribbean and Brazil. Makes sense, right!

What is Portugal doing in Galapagos? That’s a BIG question for me.

If they are just getting to a place from where they can hit the western part of Mexico more quickly, then that makes sense. However, if they see Galapagos as a way to grab California, then we are in a world of problems.

It will be rough for me to do all of the following:

Defend South America from Friesland,

Defend northern Eastern US from Spain

Defend Louisiana from Portugal

Defend Eastern US and close off all coastal areas as I did with Africa and mostly Brazil

Grab California unmolested

Defend against crossing across the Pacific.

Defend the Indies.

Something has to give? I can’t do it all with three little colonists.

In fact, some of these nations have more colonists than me, such as Portugal or Spain with 4. They have an internal idea that hooks them up

I need to do the following:

Take Miwok (L.A.) in California. It’s the most valuable areas in the region and would be the obvious place to set up shop in California

Take Rapanui in the Pacific Ocean to help keep folks from crossing the Pacfic. Take Hawaii. Tuamoti and Soceity, and that will likely slow down and halt any major island hopping heading west.

Rapanui is the most important.

So Miwok and Rapanui

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote