View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 07:54 AM   #1093
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
As part of a solution, maybe get more of these really candid grief out there so people can see the impact and maybe think twice or report suspicions.

Another part of the solution is to have these like groups talk out more about the impact they have seen with guns (e.g. cops, EMS etc.) with kids and young adults.

I wouldn't doubt this Dr. group is way more gun-control than I would like but am okay as I do think these conversations are needed and the NRA is too immovable for me.

There is no immediate solution, its just laying out the groundwork for the next generation. Focus on them while we wait out 20-30 years of craziness.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/healt...act/index.html
Quote:
Two signs of the times: another mass shooting and more Twitter outrage. This time, though, the barbs over social media came from the medical community in response to a tweet from the National Rifle Association.

The piling-on began after the NRA tweeted on Wednesday a link to an article from its Institute of Legislative Action. The article, titled "Surprise: Physician Group Rehashes Same Tired Gun Control Policies," was promoted with these words: "Someone should tell self-important anti-gun doctors to stay in their lane. Half of the articles in Annals of Internal Medicine are pushing for gun control. Most upsetting, however, the medical community seems to have consulted NO ONE but themselves."

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-10-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote