View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 10:29 AM   #640
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

You're not very good at gleaning points from facts, are you?

Name another year when the defending, undefeated champion would not have been #1 or #2 in that exact scenario. The simple point I was making is - the argument against them for where they were placed is the exact argument used to promote a team the next year into the playoff. Translation: we make it up as we go based on who we think is the best and we will use whatever facts or stats we want to justify the outcome. I simply used the FSU example because I was most familiar with it.

Last year, it was a travesty for Alabama to be in the playoff when they didn't even win their division. A system that penalizes a team (Auburn) for winning by giving them an extra chance to lose (to a team they already beat, no less) and awards a team that got beat and didn't have to play an extra game, is absurd.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote