View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 07:28 PM   #809
molson
General Manager

It doesn't fit under the 6-game guideline thing because it's not a domestic, and there was no criminal charge (that provision covers charged felony batteries, and domestic batteries and sexual batteries whether there was a charge or not.)

I think he'll sit Sunday as this is being reviewed, and then he'll be back the next Sunday or the Sunday after that with credit for time served

Otherwise they're going to have another lawsuit/union grievance if they decided not to suspend Hunt back in the spring and now they changed their mind because of media pressure.

Unless the NFL wants to claim that they never saw the video, which I doubt they'd want to claim/admit after they assured everybody that THAT wouldn't happen again....

It's a borderline crime. I mean, I would have charged it every day of the week, but higher-volume offices would be paralyzed if they prosecuted every scuffle like this (where there no injury and an unsympathetic victim who apparently threw around some racial slurs, was drunk, and also threw a punch or shove)

Edit: IMO though, the chiefs and the NFL should have higher standards for conduct than a state's criminal code, and the league or the team should have suspended him already, assuming they saw the video

Last edited by molson : 11-30-2018 at 07:49 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote