View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 11:07 AM   #827
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Now I'm on record that any man who hits a woman deserves any punishment he gets. It's an indefensible act, regardless of circumstance in my eyes.

That said...

I'm shocked the kick is drawing so much talk. It appears to me be a pretty weak attempt at a kick. It's probably the 20th most offensive thing in that clip.

Yeah, I have to concur on this. It was a tap with his foot. The only reason she even fell over as a result was because she was squatting and drunk.

Was it a dick move and totally unnecessary? Completely.

The way the media (and this board) seem to portray things, it's as if the confrontation was completely one-sided.

This is what I see...

Hunt comes around the corner, stops in place and appears to be calm. He seems to be suggesting that they leave or maybe stop repeatedly banging on the door, as was reported.

The "victim", who was far enough off screen to be safe, then walks right up to Hunt and gets in his face while doing some physical posturing. It's not clear what was said but based on the reaction on Hunt's face, she says something and he pushes her away. She doesn't back down and proceeds to punch and/or claw him in the face.

They then get separated and Hunt gets taken around the corner by the people holding him back, the "victim" then tries to follow them! A friend of Hunt's simply attempts to get in between them and prevent her from getting to Hunt and "the victim" shoves him twice, just before he gets bumped into her by Hunt and someone else Hunt is struggling with.

It ends with the aforementioned kick.

I think the reports that say Hunt "attacked" her are making a huge leap. Did he assault her, yes, in as much as she assaulted him. Plenty of blame to go around on this and I would say both parties are at fault. He's a professional athlete and held to a higher standard and that's fair. But the way some people are treating this is as if he just beat this woman down in the hallway. I'd argue that he took the worst shot in the whole altercation. From what I saw on the video (and subsequent police videos as well as what was reported), it didn't seem like either party ended up with any actual physical injuries as a result.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote