Thread: Fallout 76
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #84
Drake
assmaster

Admission of guilt: I've never played a Fallout game where I didn't cheat my balls off.

I mean, I'm notorious with my kids for cheating at every video game I play. I mean, I cheat the shit out of video games. I spend more time figuring out how to cheat the game mechanics than I do actually playing the game, in many cases.

My philosophy on this is that I derive no joy from being frustrated. The thrill of overcoming a video game obstacle doesn't give me a rush. I play video games to relax. If I want a challenge, I'll do something that pays me money for my effort. My sweet spot is cheating into what I call the Illusion of Peril. My prime example here is firing up something like the old Neverwinter Nights games and just bumping my character up to level 5 or so to start. (You can still die if you're a complete idiot, but it's unlikely.)

I wouldn't know how to play a Fallout game without cheating, let alone without VATS.

ETA: For the record, this is also the reason I don't play online games. Cheating for my own amusement is one thing. Cheating in a shared universe is bullshit.

Last edited by Drake : 12-05-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote