Thread: Fallout 76
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 08:47 AM   #89
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I also tend to play vidz by telling myself I want to be challenged, but I actually only want the illusion of challenge, and I'll get rather frustrated rather quickly if a game death actually causes me to lose my progress and go back and re-try some exact process I've already done. Plenty of games these days manage to alleviate that frustration by allowing the player to keep some manner of progress, even if you're character dies, but it's a fine line for me, and I stay away from most games that are hyped particularly for difficulty.

For whatever reason it seems like sports games bring out the abuser in everybody......pretty much everybody who played Tecmo Bowl was more than happy to pick the Raiders every time and run Bo Jackson around, trying to win every game 100-0. Nowadays, sports games seem more likely to aim for challenging, realistic play, and yet a lot of the 'My Team/Player' modes still kind of encourage that kind of abusive, absurd play where you're just trying to pile up a ton of scores against weak opponents.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote