View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #895
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The Winston Moss tweet/firing story is the problem with the media in a nutshell. He may very well have been fired because of the tweet, but no one has said (or admitted) that's the reason and, in fact, off the record, it's been denied as being the reason. But I've seen at least 3 separate headlines stating that he was fired because of the tweet. Not "after" or "following" the tweet," but "for" the tweet. And then you read each article and there is nothing that backs up the headline.

That is careless for those articles to state that without backing it up. Shame on them for making an assumption a d trying to write it "into fact."

That said, if the team doesn't want that to be the stated reason, they should probably say why the firing happened. Not doing so just allows the media to speculate like this.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote