Thread: Fallout 76
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 10:39 PM   #91
Edward64
Head Coach

Just joined a team to kill off a bunch of legendary baddies in a nuked zone. It was fun, can't just do solo, have to be part of a team to stand a chance. Interestingly, the Scorch Queen did not show up and I thought she does when there was a nuke. A little disappointing as I've read battle with her is climatic.

So I am still enjoying the game and I'm not close to finishing the main story line. There is a lot to do. Some notes ...
  • Even though FO 76 is supposedly much larger than FO4, it doesn't feel that way to me. I think its because in FO 76 its do this quest one after another whereas with FO4, with its NPC story lines and interaction, it is more "varied" and seemingly more "open"?
  • I do miss the NPCs. Its pretty boring just interacting with Bots, Computers & Holotapes. There are some quests that says go find out what happened to a person(s) and you already know, they are dead. What you find are letters or holotapes from them
  • When I joined up with the team that did the nuke zone, I did not participate in voice but I could hear them talk. It was good team work. I can see myself eventually talking with other players
  • I hate how I get my weapons the way I like them and then I hit a new 5 level milestone and my weapons are now outdated by new version with more damage points
  • I'm playing passive mode which means I can shoot and shoot but won't "hurt" another player (e.g. in the nuke zone it was a furball). However, I picked a lock at a workshop owned by another player and got a "wanted". I hate this aspect of the game, it should at least warn you before
  • I'm getting better at CAMP building but I see some others and they are much, much nicer than mine. Higher levels = bigger CAMP building budget and they spend the Atoms to buy CAMP accessories

I monitor the Bethesda and the Reddit forums. There's a lot of bitching but for the most part, a lot of sharing going on. I've read that sales nos. are bad but I think they've done a pretty good job so far.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote