View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 07:18 AM   #1171
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'm not sold on Nagy yet. This team won because of defense which Nagy doesn't touch.

Howard is gone after this year. Not sure they'll get a ton but like you said, they need someone that fits this system. Bellamy is active because he can play all 3 wide receiver slots. White apparently can only play on the outside where Robinson is.

Pace has been fine although dumping Gould and riding Parkey all year will haunt him. Also trading up for Mitch when they could have had Mahomes is a franchise altering decision.
Doesn't Bellamy also play Special Teams? White can't (for reasons unknown). I would have rather seen Wims than either of the other two. He had a good pre-season and a nice game in limited action.

Totally agree about Nagy. I like that he changed the losing culture to a positive winning one, but his clock management is atrocious and his playcalling seems suspect to me. He does better with scripted plays, but to me he doesn't have a feel for what's happening during the game. I seem him as a gadget play coach, not some offensive genius (unless we're comparing him to Eric Man-genius). The defense was the reason the Bears were 12-4, not the offense. But imagine Mahomes as the QB. Damn.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote