View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #15874
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
That's a fairly likely scenario, and I think it favors Bernie Sanders. His supporters from last time are carrying around a sense of righteous indignation, which is a powerful motivator. I think he would be a weak general election candidate, but a multi-way primary layout with a variety of considerable candidates doesn't require that you carry an impressive share of the vote. Sanders could win the Iowa caucuses comfortably with 30% or so, and we know he's capable of getting that much support on paper.

Well remember the Democratic Primary has, in addition to culling Superdelegates, culled a number of caucuses turning them into straight primaries instead. Bernie's best showing was in the caucuses. Losing them will hurt him.

So he may start out strong, but then he's got some issues. And he could lose New Hampshire this time considering he's going against Warren (who has the same policy positions as Bernie, but has actually done a few things).

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
It's a fascinating scenario though. Bernie wins Iowa and New Hampshire. Who puts up the fire wall in Nevada and South Carolina? At that point, Harris may be the best option.

Booker will win SC, I'm sure.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 02-12-2019 at 09:57 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote