View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #1491
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

It makes the backup QB situation interesting. The Ravens cannot, I would think, get generic backup QB [X]. They need someone who can run the Lamar Jackson offense. Tyrod? Taysom Hill (if the Saints are willing to part with him)?

The other problem that they have is a PR problem which factors into this. A lot of the season ticket holders dumped their seats in 2017 when the players knelt in London, which then translated into an attendance problem for them that has been ongoing. Pretty sure an executive sent out a letter asking people to show up to the playoff game this past season and there were plenty of tickets avaliable to the game right before kickoff. Then they laid an egg, and the entire stadium starting booing Lamar Jackson and was chanting Joe Flacco's name. It was so bad players started yelling at fans to shut up.

As you have already pointed it out, running the kind of offense that they are going to run is going to be interesting as teams have now seen it, and will defend it. When they go through the lulls like they did in the playoffs they cant have a named backup because the same crap will happen again. Lamar took the boo's and chanting joe's name in stride the first time, i dont see that continuing if he keeps getting booed. By not having a decent back up, that will help solve that problem. I agree with Qucik, that Tyrod would be a king from a fan perspective if he came back, but with him on the bench, the fans expectations would be around when Lamar struggles. I find the dynamics at play with the Ravens to be fascinating moving forward.

Last edited by muns : 02-14-2019 at 12:54 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote