View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 11:37 PM   #187
bhlloy
Coordinator

I’m pretty sure the Scottish prem was already devalued enough - consider for a minute that one of its most prolific goal scorers on one of its top 4 teams turned down staying there to leave for a non-league English team and you’ll get a sense of the massive gap in funding and organization. It is sad considering the great teams that have come out of Scotland in the past but it’s firmly a second rate (at best) league now for the foreseeable future.

Personally I completely understand where Rodgers was coming from, I can’t for the life of me see the challenge being somewhere where you are so superior to the rest of the teams that winning a treble and maybe getting through a few rounds of the Europa league is a formality every season. As noted there wasn’t going to be a top 6 job in England for him and even though Leicester probably aren’t pulling up any trees (and there may be some unrealistic expectations lingering after the miracle season) it’s still probably the best job offer he was probably going to get and a very well supported and decently funded team.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote