View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 10:36 AM   #16388
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Some tried to make his experience an issue as his opponents had a lot more experience than he did - but no one denied that he was a US Senator and therefore qualified enough to run for the highest office.

He was intellectually qualified, but expectations and promises were a lot higher going in than what was ultimately delivered.

We heard that was all the Republicans' fault (which ways weird to me, since they were the opposition party and everything), but could experience and political savvy be a difference-maker in maneuvering a hostile political environment and fulfilling more campaign promises? Putting aside electability for a second, doesn't it make sense that someone like Biden would have a better chance of being effective than an outsider, or someone less experienced?

Or does it not matter at all, and the only role of a Democratic president is to keep the presidency away from a Republican?

Edit: I guess campaigning on ideas and themes always worked and it gets people to the polls. But anybody can say what they would do in a perfect world without anyone working against them or without any other roadblocks. I could find some eloquent redditors or FOFC posters to vote for if that's all it took. I'm much more interested in who will actually do this hugely difficult job well, and it's hard to know how to evaluate that besides experience.

Last edited by molson : 03-25-2019 at 10:43 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote