View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 01:27 PM   #308
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I guess the narrative can be spun to fit a personal view. The kid was scared of the moment vs. the kid trusted his teammate in that moment.

The latter narrative really doesn't fly since he's the same guy who scored 11 of their last 14 to save their ass two days prior. And not a ounce of hesitation on those rise & fire threes he did it with.

I think this was just one of those moments where someone knew themselves so well that they knew what they'd do / not do.

A little recent history with this maybe too. Looking at his recent 4/5 foul outings:

loss vs Auburn
loss vs Auburn
OT loss vs LSU (he was great offensively that night tho)
loss vs Kentucky
overtime win vs woeful Vandy (one of the worst games he's ever played)

You have to go back that far - a full two months - to find a game they've won where he had four fouls. Granted, he hit the game-winner against Gonzaga while playing with four. And they haven't lost a single game where he had less than four.

But take all of that into account, I just think he knew how he plays - or would play in that particular moment - with foul trouble.