View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 08:11 PM   #38
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Have you been watching the story of the family in California with 12 kids age 2 to 29 who basically held them prisoner in their own home:

13 captive siblings forced to shower once a year, strangled, subject to frequent beatings: Prosecutor - ABC News

The girl who escaped plotted with two of her brothers for two years in order to escape and call 9-1-1. She was so dirty and malnourished that police thought she was 10 when they first found her-she was 17.

I feel sorry for the kids and also for the abusive parents. Hard to believe that the parents were not mentally ill or unbalanced. Nevertheless, get them out of the gene pool for rest of their lives.

Can the kids put this behind them and have normal lives? I wish them the best.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ildren-n996326
Quote:
David and Louise Turpin, the California parents who beat, starved and held 12 of their children captive inside their home, were sentenced Friday to life in prison.

The husband and wife pleaded guilty in February to 14 counts each of torture, dependent adult abuse, child endangerment and false imprisonment.

During their sentencing, both cried and wiped away tears as some of their children addressed the courtroom. The judge ruled the couple will be eligible for parole after 25 years.

"My parents took my whole life from me, now I’m taking my life back," one of the couple's daughters said. “Life may have been bad, but it made me strong. I saw my dad change my mom, they almost changed me. I’m a fighter, I’m strong.”

Disturbing details of the abuse came to light in January 2018 after one of the daughters, who was 17 at the time, escaped their home in Perris, California, and used a cellphone taken from the house to call 911. The girl, who officers initially thought was a child because she was so emaciated, told police that her brothers and sisters were being held by her parents and some of them were chained, investigators said.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-20-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote