View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 10:46 AM   #4202
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Catching up on social media now that I've finally finished the episode and I feel like GoT has maybe reached the point that sport video games did years ago, where the better and more life-like they look, the higher people's expectations of realism are. Despite the dragons and undead and such.

I don't think anyone is expecting realism, but I agree 110% with what ISiddiqui and PilotMan just said. This used to be a genuinely intelligently written show, where a bad or tough decision could and would get you killed, and if you were up shit's creek then chances are you were up shit's creek and there was no magic dragon or flying assassin to save you.

It's still good TV, but it's typical cliche ridden TV at this point. The dead in the crypt only get risen late on in the episode when there's time for the night king to be killed just in time so no major characters die down there. Arya goes from a scared child running from the dead to murdering the night king with a pep talk from a friendly janitor. Jon decides to charge the night king in no mans land and gets the entire battlefield resurrected around him but gets saved by the worlds most accurate blast of dragon fire. Characters are teleporting from place to place to be in the exact right time to save major characters and die heroically.

If there wasn't the memory of what the first 4-5 seasons were and the emotional investment at this point, would I still be watching? Just a personal opinion, I'm sure many disagree.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote