View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 04:12 PM   #4231
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I like that all of the "potential winners" are extremely flawed:

1. Jon - terrible battle plans and execution. From the reckless charge at battle of the bastards to his stupid dirty dozen mission up north. But, it makes sense that he would have some survivors guild/death wish since he was resurrected. His fearlessness also explains why so many groups want to follow him into battle.

2. Cersei - She's been extremely shortsighted and ruled most on revenge/emotion. That's partly why all her children are dead and her family basically abandoned her. Still, she's been ruthless enough to double down whenever put in a corner and (to this point) that has paid off.

3. Danny - She could have ended everything had she left Mareen after season 5 and taken King's Landing during the Sparrow insurrection. She also could have ended the Mareen conflict earlier had she not chained up her dragons. Still, her moves also made sense early on as she wanted to be seen as a "breaker of chains" and not just someone who "burns them all".

4. Bran - Letting the Night King touch him is one of the two events (along with the Dirty Dozen mission) that allowed the army of the dead to make it past the wall.

Overall, I've enjoyed the 7+ seasons and am invested into the story no matter who wins. I'd say that's a pretty big compliment to the people who created and run this show.