Thread: Sports betting?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 10:03 PM   #19
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I have been betting sports for about 27 years. I am far from an expert, but have learned a lot.

Parlays are 100% terrible bets. Know that moving forward. That being said, they are fun, etc...During the football/ basketball season I'll throw an 8 team $20 parlay down, usually pays about 3500. I missed 4 times this year by one game, it was maddening. The worst being UNT needed to cover -4.5, led at the half by 12, won by 4. Lost 3500 by the hook.

The odds of making money consistently are slim, that said the #1 most important aspect is bankroll management. You have to be willing to pass on a night where you don't like the plays, or just admit you don't like them but want the action.

I used to do a 2 dollar 8 team parlay every week in college football, just to see how my top 8 picks did. Hit only 1. They were all easy covers except the last one that went into OT and the right team got a FG.

As said management is everything. But I used to bet 5 dollars on any game on tv so I'd watch it. Towards end of season I knew the teams inside and out so beat more. I wouldn't mind losing 5 dollars early in season to gain information for later in season.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote