View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 08:09 AM   #1282
TeamBills59
n00b

Quote:
I feel it's appropriate and as an occasional counter to some of the cultural fear-mongering that threatens my sanity, which seems like is very much like your intent, and I want to acknowledge I definitely agree with you in that regard, but that aside I don't think you can use those facts to dismiss the very real rise in mass shootings.

This post is a response to you Rainmaker. I think this conversation is going in a different direction than I planned.

Rainmaker, I never said that America had lower homicide rates than other developed countries.

Thesloppy, I never said that America didn't have many mass shootings or that it wasn't alarming.

I never brought either of those things up. They had nothing to do with my post. My point was the general population of America thinks that the number of homicides in this country is going up at a super high rate and I quickly made a post explaining that it wasn't. That's all.

Quote:
I feel it's appropriate and as an occasional counter to some of the cultural fear-mongering that threatens my sanity, which seems like is very much like your intent

Yes, my intention was to counter act the fear-mongering.

Last edited by TeamBills59 : 05-10-2019 at 08:10 AM.
TeamBills59 is offline   Reply With Quote