View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #192
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
This is great. I figure in any 6 game NHL series you can easily find 20 missed calls or cheap little shots in scrums after the whistle, instead they go with 2 minor penalties that were called, one clean hit by Kuraly, and one missed minor penalty

Those were just a few plays from game 6 - kind of a silly title for the video. The Blues have clearly been the aggressor for most of the series, but dialed it back a bit in game 6. I think there is reason to believe they were a little scared of being suspended for game 7. So, when they were down 1-0, it may have taken a little aggressiveness out of them. Berube alluded to as much:
Quote:
“I think we can be more physical than we were last game. That will help in penalty killing. Just being the player that [Ivan Barbashev] is, that line, we can use them against anybody and they can do the job,” said Berube, when asked about Barbashev drawing back into the lineup after serving his one-game suspension in Game 6. “Who knows what goes on, what goes through guys' heads, things like that?

“A lot of times you just don't get there in time to make the contact. You don't want to chase it, but when it's there, you're on your toes. I think a lot of it personally, just watching the game today, our puck placement wasn't great to make the hits, things like that. Also, too, I mean, maybe it runs through their head they don't want to take a penalty, making a bad hit. We got to be aggressive. That's our style. That's the way we have success.”

Well, there's no fear of suspension in a game 7 - so let's hope the Blues go back to aggressive hockey!