View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 07:49 PM   #18605
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
There are precious few (enough that I don't have an immediate answer) but the majority fall in the category of "relatively neutral" or "not better/worse than the rest"

Look at the various stories in recent years (starting around the GK controversy, whenever that was) about the USWNT, they pretty much all involve some degree of nutjobbery.

Their personality disorder ratio seems to be exceptionally high, and my patience with that has reached zero. I'm as nationalist as you're likely to find but they're not a collection I can really cheer even if I squint hard to try to see only the flag.

Yeah I was not even really talking specifically about the USWNT. I just haven't seen a team that you have liked in a while.

Actually, I got one. You seemed above neutral with the UT men's basketball team this year. Well among teams above the high school level.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote