View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 06:30 AM   #8
Edward64
Head Coach

Family's iPhones are 7 series, mine is an 8 Plus. Thinking it may be time for an upgrade for all of us with the next release.

I think we are on the 3-4 year cycle nowadays and I am on the bigger is better kick since my eyes are getting bad. The < $500 price point is where I want to be so hopefully Google's 3a & 3a Plus will continue the downward pressure for Apple and Samsung.

I'm leaning towards making the move to Android (more options obviously) but rest of family is tied to their iTunes. Anyone here have a 3a or 3a Plus and their thoughts?

iPhone 12 could go bigger -- and smaller -- than before in 2020 - CNET
Quote:
The 2020 version of the iPhone XS -- iPhone 12? -- would shrink from 5.8 to 5.4 inches, while the 2020 XS Max would grow from 6.5 to 6.7 inches. Apple would presumably maintain the 6.1-inch screen size version as the middle ground option, presumably the iPhone XR successor. These numbers coincide with those cited in a similar report published in Taipei-based newspaper Digitimes a few months back.
:
:
More importantly, 2020 is the year Apple is expected to make the jump to 5G, thanks to its recent settlement with Qualcomm following a lengthy legal dispute. According to Kuo's report though, 5G connectivity would be exclusive to the higher-end iPhone models. The 2020 version of the cheaper XR would have to wait to get Qualcomm's 5G chip.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote