View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 11:55 AM   #5576
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Football, Glory & tactics is on a 25% off sale and I gave it a try last night. It's actually a lot of fun and well designed. It's a soccer RTS with team/player development, contracts and promotion/relegation. I download the Premier league mod and started with Man U on the lowest level (I renamed the levels to match England).

Some of the moves take some researching to use right, but they have a cool "footballipedia" in game that shows how they work. For $15, you could do worse and I've enjoyed it:

Save 25% on Football, Tactics & Glory on Steam
Thanks for the rec, I've been enjoying this too. I never got into Blood Bowl, but I guess that's the best comparison for on field play. FM & FIFA/PES have their place, but it's nice to have a game I can pick up for 15 minutes here & there and actually play a couple matches without needing to set up a ton or immerse myself back in detailed characters. Feels almost like it could be a (very well done) freemium game too (and I noticed they have an early access version in the mobile store), but they've done a great job simplifying things while still making it fit both soccer on the pitch & the player/league/club progression. With the different skills and AI defensive set ups it's also the first time I've really enjoyed changing tactics game to game. One thing I will say is their default setting of 48 turns per match seems quite short & a whole half can be reliant on one good/bad dice roll, so I'm playing on 60 turns per match, and I do wish it was a straight sliding scale by 12's (so each team gets equal turns in a half), instead of the next jump being all the way up to like 120 turns per game.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 07-05-2019 at 11:57 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote