View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 08:52 AM   #409
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
The map points out one of the truths I was trying to figure out while also creating a major question.

Mexico is apparently neither a developed country nor does it have universal health care. Yet they have it figured out better than us. Specifically mentioning insulin in relation to an earlier point, you can walk into a Mexican pharmacy and buy insulin, from US companies made in US labs with US dollars for a fraction of what it costs in the US.

Why is that?

The same is also true for Canada, who does have universal health care.

I think we are stuck "half pregnant" in the US in regards to our health care system. I think either system (Pure Free Market or Pure Universal) would be better than what we have now. I disagree with you in which of those two would be the better alternative between the two. But I dont disagree that darn near anything would be better than our current system.

I feel like our current system is the classic both mothers get half the baby.

You used to be able to get some antibiotics over the counter in Mexico before as well. The problem in that case is antibiotic resistance and using antibiotics for something that cannot be cured by antibiotics (like taking penicillin for a cold).