View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 03:58 PM   #548
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I agree with this completely. Switching to a dermatologist from my GP, my wait for my first dermatologist appt was 4 months. Not life threatening in any way, but holy damn.

I recently discussed switching to a psychiatrist instead of using my GP to try to find the right meds to deal with some issues there. GP wrote me a referral and said "if you're even thinking about making this change, call them today and make an appointment, you can always cancel but it will likely be 3 months minimum before you'll be seen".

Neither are life threatening, but... damn.

The other thing is just getting sick in general and needing to see your primary care doc. If I don't want to wait a week to see the doc - and often I don't because I don't make an appointment when I feel something coming on, I wait until I'm sure I have to go - I just go to Urgent Care.

That's true. I remember when I first made an appointment to get a doctor. It took me 3 months before the first 'physical appointment' was open for new patients. And if I want to see my doctor, it's at least a week if I go through official channels (if I contact him directly, he squeezes me in - usually by double booking).

My doctor wanted me to get a endoscopy. It was 4 months until the first opening. I called around and at a farther out location it would only be a month (though only because someone had juuuust canceled).