View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 03:24 PM   #18578
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
If I were the Dilbert guy, I'd be pissed I hadn't gotten a Cabinet position or a federal judgeship by now. What more does the guy need to show?

I think he's playing a different con. He's a serial entrepreneur for certain, and I think his play here started out as "I'm a big fan of sneaky persuasion tactics, and Trump uses some of the same stuff I have studied, so that's cool I get to talk like an expert." He sold some books and made a name for himself, politically, just by having the foresight to predict that Trump would prevail based on that. (Incidentally, I think there's substance to all this)

That said, now he's seemingly taken a full MAGA turn, and more or less worships his every move. I think he's just playing the Alex Jones angle now, more or less portraying a character, with eventual designs on selling snake oil to the huddle mouth-breathing masses who buy in based on their identity/allegiances. So, some day, he'll be able to sell his Dil-bars or Dil-dos or chicken sandwiches or shoes or what-the-f-ever it ends up being at a premium price, based on his bona fides with the gullible right. (Honestly, I suspect what he wants is to re-ignite Trump University, but in his own name and likeness... sell the "art of persuasion" and get suckers to come take classes in how to win like Trump.)
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote