View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 10:08 AM   #18629
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
In my time farming, I never once felt hindered by any sort of unfair regulation. My fellow (I use that term loosely now) farmers like to bitch about regulations because quite frankly they need to be regulated. How dare the government make us come up with a nutrient management plan in terms of spreading manure! We should be able to spread it wherever and whenever we feel like! How dare the government inspect our facility where we make food for human consumption!

There are enough dumb farmers out there that need to be regulated. They would do some stupid shit if they weren't.

Does your farm have a river or a stream nearby or on property? My father-in-law has a farm in Ellsberry, MO off the Mississippi River and I can promise you the changes made a few years ago were about more than common sense clean water. I appreciate your viewpoint for sure as you are a farmer and know your stuff and I'm also sure some FOFC keyboard warrior will google Clean Water Act and tell me why I am wrong but my father-in-law can attest to the huge changes from the Obama administration's EPA changes to the Clean Water Act.

Does Trump have an even larger impact on farmers? Almost certainly yes, was mainly responding to the implication that reason to vote Democrat was because Trump sucks for farmers but if you vote Republican it isn't because Democrats can also suck for farmers but instead was because Fox News has a vice-grip on the "ignorant" farmer who is incapable of making more nuanced decisions than Trump sucks vote Democrat.

Last edited by panerd : 08-28-2019 at 10:12 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote