View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 02:04 PM   #37
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Friendlies against Mexico matter just as much as friendlies against Uruguay. They are friendlies.

One also does wonder if Sean Johnson were back there would we have looked that bad - Steffen just doesn't do well with the ball at his feet.
Ehh, it wasn't all on Steffen though. For all I'm ready to move on from Bradley he does a much better job showing for the ball & at least trying the occasional long diagonal pass than anyone did Friday other than maybe Pulisic, who shouldn't be back within 30 yards of the goal regardless. McKennie has the youth excuse, idk why people like Morales or his performance at all, and I don't think anyone knows why Berhalter likes Trapp so much.

Of course friendlies don't matter as much as Gold Cup finals or WCQ's or the one World Cup game we've ever played, but agree to disagree on the Mexico part too. We're always going to be linked to Mexico, and them with us. Qualifying for the World Cup and staying in the top 2 in CONCACAF is a must, but past that making the knockout rounds and at least being back on equal footing with Mexico (if not re-achieving the decade of dominance we had over them) are the two realistic goals in my eyes.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote