Thread: 2019 MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 06:23 PM   #607
miami_fan
Coordinator

I was going to post a long story but this is not a dynasty thread.

Short version. I went against my rule about not missing time at school and signed The Boy out of school to go to the Rays game today. At some point during our drive to games, we have the same conversation. Here was today's.

Boy: "Dad, who are we playing against again?"
Me: "The Astros, Son"
Boy: "Oh okay. Are we sitting on their side or my side?" (I have made it perfectly clear to him that I am not a Rays fan so they are not my team )
Me: We are actually sitting in right field. So I guess we are on the Rays' side.
Boy: I hope there are more Rays fans than fans of the other team

Yes, Son. There were many more Rays fans than Astros fans today. Fun day. The stadium is not that bad when there are that many people in it.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote